New visiting hours from Friday 8 January 2021
New visiting hours will commence from Friday 8 January. Visitors strictly between 2.30pm-3.30pm. Two visitors per patient for up to one hour.
- If you are visiting a patient with a life threatening medical condition or receiving end of life care, please check with the Nurse Unit Manager or treating team.
- Flynn Unit: There are no time limits for parents or guardians of Flynn Unit patients under the age of 18.
- Paediatrics and Special Care Nursery: There are no time limits for parents or guardians of paediatric patients or babies receiving care in our Special Care Nursery. However only one parent is able to stay overnight unless approved by the Nurse Unit Manager.
- Maternity: No time limits for a partner or support person. However, no overnight stays.
- Outpatients (Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Allied Health, Pre-Admission, Day Procedures, Hospital in the Home): Prior approval required for one support person during the outpatient's appointment or treatment.
- Emergency Department: One support person per patient.
- Macalister Aged Care Unit: Please contact the Nurse Unit Manager for current visiting restrictions.
- You must not visit if you are unwell. Physical distancing restrictions apply. Visitors will be required to provide contact details, be screened and have their temperature checked on arrival.
- Public access only through the Village Avenue Main Entrance (weekdays and weekends) and the former main entrance near the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre (weekdays only)
Click on this link to find out where to get a COVID-19 test locally.
If you become very unwell with COVID-19 symptoms outside of clinic hours, please contact the LRH Emergency Department for initial screening and advice. You may be required to attend the ED for testing and should take the necessary precautions such as wearing a mask.