Visiting hours 10.30am-12.30pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm. Two visitors only.
Please adhere to the following:
- Unlimited number of visitors to the Macalister Nursing Home between 10am-7.30pm (protected meal times apply).
- 1 support person if approved to accompany an outpatient to chemotherapy, radiotherapy, allied health, pre-admission, Hospital in the Home and the Day Procedure Unit.
- 1 support person for Emergency Department patients during their stay.
- 2 visitors for a person with a life threatening medical condition are able to stay for a length of time determined by the treating team or Nurse Unit Manager.
- 2 visitors at any one time for a patient receiving end-of-life care for an unlimited duration.
- 1 support person for a patient with a disability or behavioural issue.
Thomson Women's, Children and Birthing Unit
- A birthing woman may have her partner or one support person with her during her time in the birth suite.
- The partner or support person of a woman in maternity is able to visit throughout the day between 9am-9pm.
- A child under the age of 18 is able to have the support of one or two parents or guardians at the same time throughout the day between 9am-9pm.
- One parent or guardian may stay overnight to support the child.
- Children and siblings are permitted to visit the Thomson Unit and are included in the 'two visitor' requirement.
- Both parents of a baby in the Special Care Nursery are able to visit at the same time throughout the day. An overnight stay for one parent may be arranged at the discretion of the Nurse Unit Manager
Face masks are mandatory when visiting LRH and visitors must adhere to COVID-19 screening criteria and a temperature test.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste
please get tested for coronavirus.
Click on this link to find out where to get a COVID-19 test locally.
If you become very unwell with COVID-19 symptoms outside of clinic hours, please contact the LRH Emergency Department for initial screening and advice. You may be required to attend the ED for testing and should take the necessary precautions such as wearing a mask.