Prosthetics and Orthotics
The Prosthetics Department at Latrobe Regional Hospital has undergone a major upgrade and boasts purpose-built facilities.
What we do
The Prosthetics Department offers a range of services related to the provision of external prostheses for child and adult amputees including:
- amputee clinic
- prosthetics for outpatients and inpatients.
- The P&O facility is fully-equipped and provides a comprehensive clinical and manufacturing service on site.
Who we care for
We provide treatment for a wide range of private and public clients:
- people who require an amputation
- people who have been admitted to hospital or who are living in the community having undergone an amputation
- long term and experienced prosthetic users
Services that support individuals with limb loss and deficiency include:
- interim prosthetic management
- lower limb prosthetic management, including microprocessor technology and osseo-integration
- upper limb prosthetic management
- telehealth appointments
- utilising gait analysis video technology and laser alignment tools.
The Amputee Clinic is run weekly. Your appointment is with a Rehabilitation Consultant, Senior Prosthetist and a Senior Physiotherapist. The aim of the clinic is to assess your needs and develop a tailored management plan to help achieve goals. This management is ongoing.
LRH sees patients funded under all systems including;
- Victorian Artificial Limb Program which provides prosthetic care free of charge to Medicare eligible public patients
What to bring to your first appointment
- Medicare card
- test results including relevant x-rays, scans, ultrasounds and pathology reports
- list of medicines you are currently taking, including supplements and vitamins
- glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
- the prosthesis and liners (if you have one already)
How to access this service
Call Allied Health reception on 03 5173 8383 for further information on the Amputee Clinic or to speak with a Prosthetist.
A referral is needed to the Amputee Clinic from your GP.
- Ph: 03 5173 8383
- Fax: 03 5173 8173
- Consulting Suite 6, Latrobe Regional Hospital, via Village Avenue, Traralgon VIC 3844
- Free parking available at front of building.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a teaching hospital and accepts La Trobe University undergraduate P&O student placements.
- Australian Orthotic Prosthetic Association
Tags: allied health